native eclipse

Paul Nasrat pauln at truemesh.com
Sun Feb 15 09:59:43 UTC 2004

On Sat, Feb 14, 2004 at 06:34:23PM -0800, J. Scott Amort wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I seem to recall that the natively compiled eclipse (with gcj) was to be
> included with FC2.  I didn't notice it on the test1 CD's.  Is it still
> going to make it into the final FC2?

I believe this is still the case, naoko (rpms of rhug) which include ant, etc
needed to build eclipse are making it into rawhide builds atm.  There were some
issues with building ant and thus eclipse using the rawhide gcc-ssa packages.

I expect that naoko will be fully in rawhide shortly, then it should be
possible to build the older eclipse snapshot - I have some patches that enable
a build up until hitting the libgcj/ant issues.

There is also a seperate list for native eclipse
http://sources.redhat.com/eclipse/

Of course for non-native eclipse there is always jpackage http://jpackage.org

Paul