Can't boot Fedora Core 2 Test1 CDs on VIA C3 733 Motherboard

Tim Atkinson tim at npagroup.com
Tue Feb 17 14:40:19 UTC 2004

Hi

I'm new to this list, I've downloaded the Fedora 2 Test1 ISOs and the
first disk partially boots on my U-Buddie Mini PC with a VIA C3
733Mhz processor - I get past the press enter to install/upgrade and
the loading vmlinuz and initrd stage and hangs on the "Uncompressing
Linux....." message.

The disk boots fine on a steam driven PII 266 so it's not the CD and
needless to say Fedora Core 1 has been running happily on the VIA box
 for months.

Anyone got any suggestions or can you tell me who I should report it
to.

Cheers

--Tim

--Tim Atkinson