Re: Lets take the worst of windows and make it the unchangeable default of linux

On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 12:30:45PM +0100, shrek-m gmx de wrote:
> afair you can change this settings in nautilus itself or with
> $ gconf-editor
> /apps/nautilus/preferences/window_always_new

It is indeed in preferences

> a short time ago i have read in this list that you can right-click on
> eg.  computer:///  "open in browser"
> oops, :-[
>
> or
> $  nautilus --browser

Alas I've found no way to set that with gconf or preferences, just the
short and brutal approach of

	mv nautilus stupiditus
	cat >/usr/bin/nautilus
	#!/bin/sh
	exec /usr/bin/stupiditus --browse $*
	^D

but that seems to do odd things in some cases so I'm not yet sure its
the right solution