Anybody using FC2 on a Dell Inspiron 8100

Alexander Volovics awol at home.nl
Tue Feb 17 20:25:15 UTC 2004

On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 12:29:52PM -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> > On Feb 16, 2004, Alexander Volovics <awol at home.nl> wrote:

> > > Each time I have been able to use the machine for about 30-60
> > > minutes. Then it would freeze solid without apparent reason.

> > Did you upgrade the kernel to the latest version in the development
> > tree?

> and where would we find the RPM updates to FC2-test1?  based on the
> numbering scheme, i was expecting to see a directory along the
> lines of .../test/1.90 or something like that, but i may have
> missed it in my browsing of download.fedora.redhat.com.

I upgraded to kernel-2.6.2-1.85 in the fedora/development tree.

I don't know if you had any problems with FC2T1 on your i8100 but
the kernel upgrade *seems* to have solved my freezing problems.
I have been running the machine for 5 hours now and everything
seems to be going smoothly (except for the standard bugs with
nautilus, etc.).

Alexander