AMD64-based Laptop ~ Keyboard Unresponsive in Installer

Alan Santos asantos at progress.com
Tue Feb 24 15:05:51 UTC 2004

To sort of hijack this thread, As Justin pointed out, a usb keyboard
will work. But I'm interested to hear if anyone has installed an amd64
(or whatever it's going to be called now) 2.6 kernel on this machine (or
the 6805).

I'm unable to do so, for what looks like a similar reason:
booting with any of the 2.6 kernel rpms results in a message about an
unkown key being pressed being printed over and over again, filling up
the screen and apparently hanging everything else.
I don't have the exact message but it's from atkbd.c: and an unknown key
bwgin depressed on /dev/somethingorother.
I only let it run for about 5 minutes in this state, so it may recover
later. I don't think it's the 2.6 kernel in general since I run 2.6.3,
although 32bit, on another partition.

thanks