smbmnt error in FC2

Bart Kalita bartk at clara.co.uk
Tue Feb 24 21:37:06 UTC 2004

I've been trying to mount windows  NTFS  shares on FC2  in  original
test 1 Kernel  and with the  newest one , 2.6.3-1.100  and the error I
get  in shell and in webmin is as follows:

ERROR: smbfs  file system not supported by kernel
Please refer to smbmnt (8) manual page
smbmnt failes 255

I can stil create shares that are seen from windows machines. I was able
to create and link to shares form Linux to windows via webmin in all
previous linux'es I've used namely RH8, RH9, FC1 - all tests and final.

Am I missing something? is that kernel feature off due to testing or ...?

TIA

Bart Kalita  MCP

www.bart-domain.com

www.astradine.no-ip.org