Help: AMD64 System with Adaptec 29xxx U320 SCSI

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Tue Feb 24 23:42:44 UTC 2004

Matthew E Glogowski writes:

> i installed fedora core 1 yesterday on an ASUS based system.  the problem
> is the SCSI card has negotiated the lowest transfers. can anyone help me
> determine how to bump the speeds back up to the ultra speeds?

Connect the cable to the other 68-pin plug.

On some dual-channel cards, only one channel goes up to 320 MB/s.  The other
channel will max out at 40 MB/s, and is for slow devices (CD-ROM, tape
drives, etc…)

You may find it necessary to limit the card to 160 MB/s.  Right now, if I
try to run mine at 320 MB/s, the kernel blows chunks and fails to boot.

Whether you can, or cannot run the card at 320 MB/s, with the disks
connected to the other plug, put your exact hardware info into bug 115351.