Wierdness with Internet

Jim Shepherd jimshep at mindspring.com
Wed Feb 25 04:39:45 UTC 2004

I possibly have the same problem.  I installed Fedora Core 2 Test 1 and
had no problems with network connectivity, even after running yum
several times to update the packages.  Today, I updated again and now I
can only access internet sites on the other side of my home router
(Wireless Linksys) by using the actual IP address, name resolution
fails.  My other computer on the home network running RedHat 9 still has
full network connectivity.

I also tried disabling ECN:  I logged in as root, typed:

echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn

and still had the same problems.  I even restarting network services
after disabling ECN without success.  I also checked resolv.conf and it
is the same as the RedHat 9 computer.  Any ideas?

-Jim