Fedora Core 2 Test 2 - delayed

Markku Kolkka markkukolkka at kolumbus.fi
Fri Feb 27 10:10:31 UTC 2004

Wayne Frazee kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika perjantai, 27.
helmikuuta 2004 10:25):
> "More recently, in a conversation on the Linux Security Module
list, an
> SCC
> employee made a rather different statement:
>
> 'SELinux includes Type Enforcement technology developed and
patented by
> the
> Secure Computing Corporation, who still holds rights to all
commercial
> use
> of the technology. Before a colo company, or anyone else uses
the
> technology commercially, it will be necessary to negotiate a
license
> with
> Secure Computing. If anyone wants to do so, I can help get the
ball
> rolling with our Legal and BD folks.'"

>> Have the patent-related issues regarding SCC's IP ("Type
> Enforcement" - Trademarked and patented) integrated into
> SELinux been addressed?

SCC has published a "statement of
assurance" (http://www.securecomputing.com/pdf/Statement_of_Assurance.pdf)
that says: "Secure Computing will not assert the Subject Patent
Rights with respect to any use, modification or distribution of
SELinux software that is permitted by, and is in compliance
with, the terms and conditions of Version 2 of the GNU General
Public License (the “GPL”). "

All kinds of commercial use of SELinux is in compiance with GPL,
so the person claiming that commercial use requires a licence
has been infected with the SCO virus and doesn't know what he's
talking about.

--
	Markku Kolkka
	markku.kolkka at iki.fi