EPM Rebuilds?

ne... akabi at speakeasy.net
Fri Feb 27 14:17:17 UTC 2004

On Feb 27, 2004 at 06:19, David McCormick in a soothing rage wrote:

>I am tying to rebuild a n old 32 bit program that I use daily and every
>time I run  rpm rebuild ar recompile I get this error.  I tried to do
>the ltconfig -- help thing but it just says command unknown.  I have a
>Athlon 64 FX-51, Asus SK8N board, ans scsi drives. Could someone point
>me to the correct place to find answers to the rpm problem?
>
>I use the following command:
>
>[david at localhost david]$ rpmbuild  --rebuild
>/home/david/gnofin-0.8.4-1.src.rpm
>
>checking for ANSI C header files... yes
>checking host system type... Invalid configuration
>`x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu': machine `x86_64-unknown' not recognized
The problem is not rpm, it is the code that is not x86_64 aware.
This needs to be fixed. Basically the code needs to be updated
especailly the bit that configure uses. Maybe updating to a later
version might help if one exists.

N.Emile...
Nobody can be exactly like me.  Sometimes even I have trouble doing it.
		-- Tallulah Bankhead
 09:14:20  up 85 days, 14:01,  8 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00