SCSI errors on cd burning

Alan alan at clueserver.org
Tue Jan 6 08:53:51 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-06 at 00:12, jpearl24 wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-01-06 at 01:04, Alan wrote:
> > On Mon, 2004-01-05 at 23:53, jpearl24 wrote:
> >
> > > do you need to be root?
> >
> > This was run as root.  (Using "su".  Does not matter. Does the same
> > thing if I run X as root.)
> >
> > Wondering if I need to take the leap and convert to 2.6.[01].
>
> upgrade your cdrecord.... i doubt the kernel would do anything for
> you...

Upgraded to the latest (released yesterday) version of cdrecord.  Same
exact error.

xcdroast also has some odd problems with this kernel as well.  Once in a
while (about every 3-4 burns) it will error out on fixating the disc.
The burned disc is OK, but burns after that will be iffy unless I exit
out and restart the xcdroast.  (Probably resets the drive when it scans
the (fake) scsi bus.)

Any other ideas out there?

--
"Push that big, big granite sphere way up there from way down here!
Gasp and sweat and pant and wheeze! Uh-oh! Feel momentum cease!