To: <fedora-test-list redhat com>
Sent: Saturday, January 24, 2004 12:58 PM
Subject: Re: naconda White Out - no install

Pete Bradbury wrote:

Setup

<snip>

Viewsonic vp211b tft
ATI Radeon 9800 pro 256mb

<snip>

When I try to install Fedora it enters the Anaconda phase and

momentarily I

have a white screen with the X cursur, it is moving for 5 or so seconds

and

then locks up with nothing else happening. If I use linux acpi=off I get
occssional screen changes from black back to white, every now and then.

The Radeon card appears to be recognised but not the Viewsonic monitor.

A couple of things to try :

Don't use the fb  'linux nofb'
Install in text mode 'linux text'

See http://fedora.artoo.net/faq for more tips for your Radeon card.