highpoint rocket raid 454 x86_64

jason pearl jpearl24 at cox.net
Tue Jan 27 20:42:33 UTC 2004

I have the rocket raid 454 I chose my array type that i wanted which is raid
5 in the bios.. Then i start the installation and during the boot it loads
the hpt374 module to detect my array of 4 disks. when i get to the
partitioning part i let it choose how to set up the partitions. It only was
showing 3 disks( i assume that the 4th dont show because it is parity.) so i
continued on through the install. It did not list the drives as an arrray or
as sda, sdb, etc. so i dont think im doing this right. I am doing a http
install so it wont be done for another 45 min. Has anyone installed on this
card yet and had sucesss or tell me if i did this wrong..

thanks jason
ASUS SK8N opteron 1.6