Problems with rawhide

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Sat Jan 31 00:37:12 UTC 2004

Hi,

> > 2. The applications on the main gnome menu have vanished totally!
> > Everything else is on the main gnome menu, but not the applications.
> > What do I need to install (again) to get that working properly?
>
> i'm under the impression that it's just broken right now. i haven't
> seen any comments on fedora-devel-list to indicate that someone has
> gotten their menus in gnome back since they broke last week (2 weeks
> ago?).

Is there a raw gnome tarball that I can install to get things going
again (in the same way as I did when the panel was shot - not sure, but
I don't think it's been fixed yet with the results on up2date)?

> > 4. There is a conflict between libcroco-0.30 and 0.40. The only thing
> > needing 0.40 is librsvg.
>
> librsvg is no longer in rawhide. everything is using librsvg2 now (which
> depends on libcroco-0.40). i believe the only thing in rawhide still
> depending on libcroco-0.30 is abiword. check the fedora-devel-list
> archives from this week for the discussion on issues with abiword.

From when I did the install earlier tonight, there are something like 6
packages reliant on croco-0.30, not just abiword.

I'm more concerned with the gnome menu and the XKB error though.

TTFN

Paul
--
"You can't beat the system, but you sure as hell can break it"
Malcolm in the Middle