AMD Athelon 64 FX

Paul-Erik Törrönen paul-erik.torronen at cardinal.fi
Tue Jul 13 06:45:22 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-07-11 at 04:44, Robert L Cochran wrote:
> So Fedora Core 2 should run fine on the Athlon 64 3800+ which is Socket
> 939? Using the Asus A8V motherboard or perhaps the more expensive
> Gigabyte GA-K8NSNXP-939 board which has the NForce3 Ultra chipset.

Out of interest, you might want to read the Anandtech article:

http://www.anandtech.com/linux/showdoc.aspx?i=2114

Personally I wouldn't claim that 'both Linux distributions also lay
waste to the 64-bit and 32-bit editions of Windows XP.' based on the
results shown on those pages.

Poltsi

--
Paul-Erik Törrönen,