fc3t1 can't find usb scanner

The scanner situation seems to be worsening. After following a thread when installing FC2, I finally got my Epson Perfection 1240U scanner working.

In fc3t1, the commands sane-find-scanner and scanimage -L executed either as user or root turn up no scanner.

Can anyone else confirm this? Any hints on hot to get it to work?

Thanks.

Gerry Tool