Re: anyone else having mediacheck problems with FC3t1 images?

Robert P. J. Day wrote:

i'm baffled by the fact that the first two CDs i've burned have both failed the media check test. first, yes, i've MD5SUMed my ISO images. all 4 are perfect.

the machine with the CD burner is across the net, so i used FTP to copy the first couple images over, and burned them using nero under windows. that means there's two possibilities for corruption:
1) FTP, and 2) burning.

i couldn't md5sum them on the windows box (no utility and it's not my box to dump stuff onto) so, as a test, i used FTP to copy the CD1 image *back*. md5sum perfect. so i'm going to assume the FTP transfer is fine.

that leaves the burning process, which is what i guess i'll look at next. but is there any evidence that the mediacheck might be a bit scrambled?

rday

My cds burned with K3b in FC2 passed the fc3t1 media check.

Gerry Tool