Why is this list so quiet?

Douglas Furlong douglas.furlong at firebox.com
Mon Jul 19 08:06:21 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-07-18 at 13:21 -0500, Gerry Tool wrote:
> I have been testing RH/Fedora releases since RHL 7.3.  The mailing lists
> for testing have always been very lively, until this release.  There
> seem to be very few testers posting, and even fewer community developers
> responding.  Is that just my false impression?
>
> I'm concerned that this release and its successors will not receive
> enough criticism to fix bugs that should be caught before the final
> release of FC3.
I can think of one reason.

I have just tried to install (via http) using some UK/IE mirrors that I
know of, and none of them are completely upto date it would appear.

One of the problems with the previous testing releases was the mirrors
being out of date and it being a challenge just to find the right mirror
to use.

I would have thought waiting almost a week after the full release would
have resulted in me avoiding these problems but apparently not.

--
Douglas Furlong
Systems Administrator