release 3 test 1

Gerry Tool gstool at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 22 14:26:11 UTC 2004

Harry Putnam wrote:

>I've downloaded core 2 thinking that must be where one gets to FC3
>from, but now not sure.
>
>I'm having too much trouble trying to ease into FC3 by cleaning up my
>current mess.  Now aiming for a spanking clean install of whatever it
>is that gets me to FC3.  What is it?

Starting with FC2 and waiting for FC3 release in October will be the
least painful and least effort.

If you opt for FC3T1, there is no "supported" upgrade to FC3T2.  Same
FC3T2 to FC3T3 and FC3T3 to FC3.

In each of those transitions, fresh installs are the most prudent and
most useful to the testing process.  Some people report success with
successive upgrades with previous test releases, but one should not
count on that working.

On the other hand, if you are willing to aid in the test phases, welcome.

Gerry Tool