grpconv: Out Of Memory

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sun Jul 25 15:32:25 UTC 2004

I'm trying to dip my toe into ldap. So, I've tried using authconfig and
checking ldap. After 'next' the system becomes very busy for about 2
minutes. Eventually I see the following in /var/log/messages:

kernel: Out of Memory: Killed process 31691 (grpconv).

and authconf closes.

Looking at top during this I see most of my 2 Gb of Ram and 2 Gb of swap
used, and about 25% cpu as well.

Can anyone shed light on this? Is there a bug here? Or, should this tool
run only after some by-hand configuration of ldap/slapd?