FC3T1 - After Install, can no longer SSH into system from FC1

Greg Wildman rhlist at itns.co.za
Tue Jul 27 09:33:56 UTC 2004

richard mullens said the following on 25/07/2004 15:10:
> I did a clean install of FC3T1 on a machine that had FC1 on it.
> Afterwards another machine (installed with FC1) would no longer SSH into
> the machine.
> The FC1 advice on overcoming this wasn't helpful to a newbie.
> Of course this is a problem with FC1.  Don't know if this happens on FC3T1.
> In retrospect, I guess it would have helped if I'd chosen a different IP
> address (or ethernet card ?).

No problem, it is working like it should.

When you first ssh'd from your FC1 box to the now reloaded box, the host
key was saved in ~/.ssh/known_hosts. Now you have reloaded the box so
the host key has changed.

Now when you ssh from your FC1 box it fails because it has detected that
this is not the same machine it connected to last time. This is a
security feature.

just remove the entry from ~/.ssh/known_hosts and connect again. It will
prompt to save the new host key.

--
Redmond, we have a problem.