Apache/php problem

Peter A. Banks peter_banks at charter.net
Sun Jun 13 21:39:20 UTC 2004

When I attempt to run the Apache web server with the newest PHP off of
the Rawhide distribution I get an error can not find file libintl.so.3.

find / -name libintl.so* -print does not find the file.

A google search on libintl.so download brings up some articles implying
the file comes with gettext library. I am running the newest one
provided on the rawhide distribution. Downloading old versions of the
gettext library did not seem to help.

Any suggestions? I get the same error when I attempt to run php from the
command line.

Regards
pab