dhcp and route

PFJ paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Wed Jun 23 09:12:28 UTC 2004

Hi,

I installed all of the packages on the ftp development area dating from
last Wednesday last night. All seems fine post that, however, I'm still
having the same problem I had last week in that if I do a reset, the
machine is not picking up the correct gateway address for my router (I
have to delete the default gateway and reinitialise it from the command
line with the router's address)

Is this likely to be a router problem or a FC2 rawhide problem and if
its a rawhide problem, which package is it likely to come under? I'm
guessing either one the dhcpd or the routing program (dunno it's name
though - routed sounds a good guess!).

It is not a kernel related problem from what I can see. I do need to get
to the bottom of this.

A second reason for me being unsure if it's the router or the system is
that using neat, I have it set to obtain the IP address and DNS from the
router. This failed on two machines yesterday and I had to set the DNS
manually - basically, the two machines could ping via the router, just
obtain the DNS information from it.

TTFN

Paul
--
"If I face my God tomorrow, I can tell Him I am innocent.
I've never harmed anyone. I have cheated no one.