still scsi problems - Adaptec - scsi0: Someone reset channel A

John Mellor john at mellor.dyndns.org
Mon Jun 28 23:54:48 UTC 2004

Do you have an nVidia graphics card in that machine?  I've noticed that
one of either the nVidia binary-only drivers or the 8k-stack kernels
from Linuxant seem to stomp on the interrupts from my 29160 card.  Who'd
have thought?

I get numerous spurious 29160 interrupts every day, but only with the
closed-source nVidia drivers installed.  Since the Linuxant kernels are
purportedly only the stock kernels with the 4k-stack and the
register-parm-passing patches backed out to restore driver
compatibility, it seems unlikely that the problem is due to the Linuxant
kernel.  This was also a problem under FC1.  Note that this does not
happen with the stock FC2 kernels using the standard open-source nv
drivers.

Is this possibly the error that you're seeing?

If so, hopefully the new nVidia drivers will fix this bug when they
eventually come out...