no .img files in image directory on FC2 Test 1 disc 1

James Jones jamesjones01 at mchsi.com
Sat Mar 6 19:07:32 UTC 2004

I'm trying to install FC2 Test 1 on a Digital PC 5400 (an old Pentium
Pro box). Curiously, Knoppix boots on it fine, but it has failed to boot
up FC1, Mandrake 9.2, and now FC2 from CD, saying

    isolinux: Found something at drive=9F
    isolinux: Looks like it might be right, continuing...
    isolinux: image checksum error, sorry...

    Boot failed: press a key to retry...

No problem, I say; I'll make a bootable floppy. I double check the
README files, and then head to the images directory...but there are no
.img files to be found there.

What should I do?

    James Jones