kernel rebuild does'nt build actual kernel

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Tue Mar 2 01:11:11 UTC 2004

Tom Diehl <tdiehl at rogueind.com> writes:

> Yes it does. You just have to talk nice to it. :-)
>
> Try adding --target i686-redhat-linux to your command line. If you want to do
> the i386 and i686 stuff at the same time add both --target i686-redhat-linux
> and --target i386-redhat-linux on the command line.

Ahh yess, the old... `..talk nice to it..' gambit.  hehe.

A word or two about this ought to be in /usr/src/linux*/README.

Also it seemed much easier to edit the appropriate config file from
the *src* package by hand and then `rpmbuild -ba' instead of stepping
thru a non-rpm build and install.  At least once you told me about
`talking nice'.