Pb with fedora distrib and compaq NC4000 laptop

christophe BONNEL christophe_bonnel at yahoo.fr
Wed Mar 3 00:04:22 UTC 2004

Hello, i am quite a newbie on linux and i try to install linux (fedora
core V1) on my compaq NC4000 laptop with kernel 2.4.

It was quite perfect except that the network card did'nt work and froze
the laptop. So i decide to upgrade the kernel to 2.6 (a friend of mine
said it could fix my problem). He was right, my netword card is ok, but
now neither sound, acpi and usb cdrom or key work.

I need help, i try to execute some how to to install my sound card
manually but without success.

Thanks in advance.