Evolution 1.5 Q's

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Thu Mar 4 00:43:22 UTC 2004

Hi,

> Is there any special place where I can ask questions regarding
> Evolution  1.5
> or shall  just  drop them in here?

Here should be fine.

My first question is why does it alway die horribly on the first
download at email number 12 and then work after that (usually) and why
is it so bloody slow? 600 messages takes well over 45 minutes to
download on a UK broadband connection (512K line) and gnome-system-
monitor shows it hogging upto 99% CPU time.

I have the internal spam trap killed and am only using SA 2.63. Sylpheed
sucks down the same number of emails in under 5 mins (not checked using
SA though - not sure how to set that up)

TTFN

Paul

--
"Logic, my dear Zoe, is merely the ability to be wrong with authority"
Dr Who