ATi Drivers in 2.6.x

Richard Duncan duncric at iit.edu
Fri Mar 5 01:18:44 UTC 2004

I have been using the ATi drivers for my Radeon 9600XT, but am having
trouble compiling a module for 2.6.x, which I apparently need for Open
GL and other 3d acceleration. At first I didn't really notice anything
was wrong cause I wasn't running anything 3D, but I've been wanting to
try out the Linux version of UT2004 Demo to compare to my Windows FPS.

At any rate, when I go into the 2.6.x folder for the driver, and type
make, it compiles a couple objects then exits with an error (can't find
a file, or files missing, sorry I'm in Windows right now and don't
remember the names).  At any rate, I don't see any documentation on the
ATi website or in the driver package about the 2.6.x folder, I just
assumed it was the right one to make since the regular files (typing
./make.sh) complain about conflicts with DRI being in the kernel.
Anyone using the ATi drivers in FC2-test1 and have 3D acceleration
working?  What do I need besides the kernel source, gcc, glib, and
XFree86?  I've updated all the packages available for FC2-test1.

Richard Duncan