disable IPV6?

Brian Krahmer brian at krahmer.com
Sat Mar 6 00:02:11 UTC 2004

> Curious why more people haven't reported this. Is it card
> related? Network related? Is IPV6 on for everyone, but for
> some reason it's not causing everyone a problem?

Personally, I would like to see an option in the setup for whether you want
to enable IPV6 or not, with the default being Not.  At least, until IPV6
becomes a reality for mainstream users.

I noticed that we are both on comcast.  I didn't play around with nslookup
or dig, but perhaps comcast' dns servers are actually returning IPV6
addresses for some hosts.  If we're getting v6 addresses, but can't connect
to them because we haven't got a tunnel set up, it would explain the delays,
as it attempts a v6 connection, fails, then falls back to v4.

brian