USB scanner not working

Hay Bouten fedora.core2 at chello.nl
Tue Mar 9 18:12:54 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 17:33, Sandy Pond wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 09:38, Randy L Schrickel wrote:
> >

> > Anyway, mine had a line like "scsi EPSON" with the line "usb
> > /dev/usb/scanner0" commented out.
>
> Are you using FC2 test1 because this didn't work for my epson scanner?
> It did work for FC1, RH9, RH8 ...

Yup..using FC2 100% up2date.

> >  I swapped them, commenting out the
> > scsi line instead, and it worked. Your hp.conf probably has something
> > similar, so try taking a look at that to make sure sane is looking in
> > the right spot.

My hp.conf now looks like:

usb HP
usb 0x03f0 0x0201
/dev/usb/scanner0
option connect-device

When I start xsane it tells me: "no devices available"

> On my rawhide updated FC2 test1 the /etc/sane.d/hp.conf has his scanner
> list properly by usb vendor and model and "scanimage -L" finds his
> scanner so I doubt this is the problem.

I think so. In my /var/log/messages I read:

kernel: usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using addess 3
usb.agent[3541]: ... no modules for USB product 3f0/201/100

This looks like there is no driver for my HP 6200c scanner? It has
allways worked nice on RH9.

Hay