Software RAID support for > 12 devices?

Charles Jones jonescr at cisco.com
Wed Mar 10 22:04:29 UTC 2004

Is there any chance that support for more than 12 RAID devices will be
added? I'm working on a system that has a large JBOD but currently
software RAID is limited to 12.  The man page mentions "experimental
patches" but I have been unable to find any:

"nr-raid-disks count
              Number of raid devices in the array; there should be count
raid-
              disk entries later in the file. (current maximum limit
for  RAID
              devices  -including  spares-  is 12 disks. This limit is
already
              extended to 256 disks in experimental patches.)"

    :|:        :|:        Charles Jones
   :|||:      :|||:       Senior Systems Administrator
.:|||||||:..:|||||||:.    Cisco Networking Academy
C I S C O S Y S T E M S   http://cisco.netacad.net