amd_64 SATA status question

Mark mark at harddata.com
Thu Mar 11 17:02:51 UTC 2004

On March 11, 2004 09:39 am, "Justin M. Forbes" <64bit_fedora at comcast.net>
wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 11:29:06AM -0500, Doug Stewart wrote:
> > Has anyone had any contact with Silicon Image re: support for their
> > chipsets under Linux?  Is there any indication why they have been so
> > slow to either release drivers or open the spec?
>
> I know jgarzik has been working with it, but I dont know where it falls on
> his priority list, or what information he has been given from Sil.

The Silicon Image Driver (not Jeff Garzik's Libata driver) can be patched
against the redhat kernel and works. Last I heard Jeff was still listing 3114
support as beta in his Libata driver under 2.6.3.

Mark Lane, CET mailto:mark at harddata.com
Hard Data Ltd. http://www.harddata.com
T: 01-780-456-9771   F: 01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue Edmonton, AB, Canada, T5X 1Y3
--> Ask me about our Excellent 1U Systems! <--