My problems with FC2 test1

Thomas Molina tmolina at cablespeed.com
Sat Mar 13 13:19:22 UTC 2004

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004, Thomas Molina wrote:

> I installed FC2 test1 and had a few problems.  My system is an Athlox
> XP2100+ on an Asus A7V133 motherboard.  The ethernet connection is an IBM
> e100.  The soundcard is a Yamaha ymf754.  My boot hard drive is in a
> removeable CD caddy because I fiddle with kernel development and other
> projects which have the potential to destroy file systems.  Good backups
> and the ability to quickly swap systems keep me going.  I have several
> comments.

I forgot one weird thing.  My video card is an ATI Mach 64.  My monitor is
a Sony SDM-HS73 flat panel.  When I go to or from the X session to a text
console I have to re-synchronize the display.  The picutre gets offset to
one side by a few pixels.  The monitor has a mode where it can sync the
edge of the picture and I have to do this on each context switch.  This is
not required on FC1.

Thanks.