My problems with FC2 test1

Lamont R. Peterson lamont at gurulabs.com
Sat Mar 13 20:36:18 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-03-13 at 06:19, Thomas Molina wrote:
> I forgot one weird thing.  My video card is an ATI Mach 64.  My monitor is
> a Sony SDM-HS73 flat panel.  When I go to or from the X session to a text
> console I have to re-synchronize the display.  The picutre gets offset to
> one side by a few pixels.  The monitor has a mode where it can sync the
> edge of the picture and I have to do this on each context switch.  This is
> not required on FC1.

I have a couple of friends who experience the same with their Sony LCD
panel monitors (I do not know what models, but at least three different
ones).  This also happens under SUSE 8.0-8.2 (do not know about 9.0, but
would expect it), Gentoo and even (gasp) Windows Whatever.  Apparently,
the Sony panels are not willing to re-sync automatically.

I wonder if your text mode on FC1 happens to be (or to be close enough
to) the same as the X mode, from the panel's perspective?  Probably not,
but it's an idea.

Good luck.
--
Lamont Peterson <lamont at gurulabs.com>