Evolution HTTP links

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Mon Mar 15 05:36:11 UTC 2004

On Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 09:07:00PM -0800, Sean Earp wrote:

> Installing epiphany did fix the problem, but I am now curious as to why
> Fedora requires a specific browser (just one of many) to open web URLs
> embedded in an email.

Sounds like a bug.  It should use 'htmlview'.  That one is supposed
to check what is available and you can modify a search order for
your various browsers in /etc/htmlview.conf, system-wide, or in
~/.htmlviewrc for your own account.

Or "user interface experts" were allowed to that and are making you
happy by taking care that you will not get confused.

   Michal