nasty hack around broken yum archive dependancy blockages

Michael Wiktowy mwiktowy at gmx.net
Mon Mar 15 06:29:27 UTC 2004

> So just to be sure I understand. You take the list of updateable pkgs,
> and you iterate over each one until you can't update anything completely
> anymore. Is that right?
>
>-sv

Correct.

I couldn't figure out a way to make yum do that itself and at first
glance the -t option looks like it was built for that purpose.

Also, I couldn't figure out how to make yum stop
"Gathering header information file(s) from server(s)"
every single time it is run (to iterate through that list faster).
I thought the -C option would but I doesn't.

The script shouldn't install anything that you don't already have installed
unless it is a new dependency from something you are updating.

(Sorry for the broken topic threading ... replying from message digest)

/Mike