Some questions about Fedora Cora 2 test1

Lamont R. Peterson lamont at gurulabs.com
Mon Mar 15 10:35:56 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-03-14 at 08:21, Veiko Sinivee wrote:
> 3) I mounted USB stick with manual commands. If I resatrt computer with
> stick inserted the system recongnizes it. It always uses sda1 (still
> ide-scsi !) for it, but actually it should use sda4 (partitition 4 is
> used). If I correct it manually then the system constantly resets it to
> sda1 which is wrong. I removed the atribute "kudzu" from /etc/fstab
> entry to stop it being "too smart". This works but I think there's got
> to be a better way?

As a good reply already exists for your first two questions, I will
confine my efforts to the third.

USB storage devices have nothing to do with ide-scsi.  USB hard drives,
key-chain drives or any other USB based storage device will show up as a
SCSI device on the system.

I use a USB keychain drive with three partitions on it; a small VFAT for
"portability" when I absolutely need it (has come in handy on occasion),
a large ext3 for most storage and a small encrypted partition for
storing really sensitive stuff (like keys).  This works just great and
kudzu never bothers me about it.  I add the /etc/fstab entries myself
when I set up my machines.

Good luck.
--
Lamont Peterson <lamont at gurulabs.com>