mutt and squid, removed because of dep problems, errors

Frederic de Villamil neuro at seclab.jp
Wed Mar 17 00:32:11 UTC 2004

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Jim Cornette wrote:

> I just upgraded all of the rpms and had to remove mutt and squid in
> order to have no conflicts with the install.
>
> Trying to re-install mutt gives me this error message.
>
> Unresolvable chain of dependencies:
> mutt  1.4.1-6                            requires libsasl.so.7
>
> trying to reinstall squid outputs this error.
>
> Unresolvable chain of dependencies:
> squid  2.5.STABLE5-1                     requires libsasl.so.7

Hello,
I had  the same problem  a few  time ago, when  I needed to  upgrade a
package.  I was asked  openssl-devel and  it was  not installed  on my
system. As soon as I installed it, I was not in trouble anymore.

I  don't know what  way you're  upgrading your  packages but  it seems
up2date doesn't like  missing dependances as long as  it's not just an
upgrade issue.

Do you already have libsasl  installed on your system? If not, install
it  and retry  yyour  upgrade.  Otherwise, upgrade  it  to the  needed
version.

Regards.
Frederic
--
< Ylli> lol je rigole neuro jte prend pa pr un pervers ms un president
et pere de famille respectable :s