mutt and squid, removed because of dep problems, errors

Neal D. Becker ndbecker2 at verizon.net
Wed Mar 17 13:18:02 UTC 2004

Bill Nottingham wrote:

> Jim Cornette (redhat-jc at insight.rr.com) said:
>> I just upgraded all of the rpms and had to remove mutt and squid in
>> order to have no conflicts with the install.
>>
>> Trying to re-install mutt gives me this error message.
>>
>> Unresolvable chain of dependencies:
>> mutt  1.4.1-6                            requires libsasl.so.7
>>
>> trying to reinstall squid outputs this error.
>>
>> Unresolvable chain of dependencies:
>> squid  2.5.STABLE5-1                     requires libsasl.so.7
>
> Will be fixed with a new cyrus-sasl tomorrow.
>
> Bill

OK, so what do I do exactly?  I assume the fix is now in place.  I see there
is a new cyrus-sasl-0-2.1.18.  I guess that's what you meant?

But yum update does:
.Package mutt needs libsasl.so.7, this is not available.
Package mutt needs libsasl.so.7, this is not available.
Package freeradius needs libsasl.so.7, this is not available.
Package freeradius needs libsasl.so.7, this is not available.
Package openh323 needs libsasl.so.7, this is not available.
Package openh323 needs libsasl.so.7, this is not available.
Package pwlib needs libsasl.so.7, this is not available.
Package pwlib needs libsasl.so.7, this is not available.
Package pwlib-devel needs libsasl.so.7, this is not available.
Package pwlib-devel needs libsasl.so.7, this is not available.
Package squid needs libsasl.so.7, this is not available.
Package squid needs libsasl.so.7, this is not available.