FastTrak Driver for X86_64

Samuel Flory sflory at rackable.com
Wed Mar 17 21:58:05 UTC 2004

Samuel Flory wrote:
> James C. Bevier wrote:
>
>> I have a ASUS K8V SE Deluxe motherboard with
>> a Promise PDC 20378 Raid controller.  I have 2
>> 160GB IDE drives attached.  I am running Raid 0
>> and I can see them from Win2K.  The driver for
>> Linux that came with the card is for 2.4.20-8 and
>> I want to use FC2 Test1 system.  Where can I find
>> a kernel with support for this device?  Or source?
>> Or modules? Or?  I would also like to run on FC1.
>>

>   The fasttrak driver is only availble as a binary module.  You will
> need to talke to Promise to get an updated driver.
>
> FYI- If promise is doing what it's always done.  There might be a FC 1
> driver in 6 months.  Maybe

   Ohh wait you wanted a driver for amd64.  Realize that promise doesn't
currently provide a driver for any amd64 OS.  Which has pissed off a
number of vendors who've embedded the chispet on their amd64
motherboards.  At this point you'd be better off hoping that someone
will port the ataraid driver to 2.6.
--
There is no such thing as obsolete hardware.
Merely hardware that other people don't want.