issues with recent updates and mail server help

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Fri Mar 19 00:45:18 UTC 2004

Am Fr, den 19.03.2004 schrieb dougmc83 at mail.utexas.edu um 01:27:
> hello all,

[ snip ]

> In addition to this i'm trying to figure out how on earth i'm supposed to setup
> cyrus-imapd to work with fetchmail, procmail, and squierrel mail the way i had
> imapd setup in rh9... i can't even login to it from anyuser in squierrel mail
> or evolution, much less try the fetchmail stuff.

This is no descriptive problem mailing at all. You did not say which MTA
you are using, which authentification you configured, you posted not any
log entry. You only say something compared to your old RH9 which even
had no cyrus-imapd shipped.

> sry for the tone of this email, i'm just a bit frustrated with the mail stuff at
> this point.  yes i do realize that this is a test release, which is why i am
> writing this email b/c i'm sure others have run into these issues or not.

I suspect you do not want any practical help but you wanted announce
some frustration.

> thanks,
> Douglas McMorris

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
Sirendipity 01:40:11 up 10 days, 1:59, load average: 0.16, 0.20, 0.17
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]