Setting sound level on startup

Steve Bergman steve at rueb.com
Sun Mar 21 16:44:30 UTC 2004

I'm running current rawhide with snd-emu10k1.  I see that in
/etc/init.d/halt, the mixer settings are saved in /etc/.aumixrc.

However sound level is still set to 0 after the system comes up and I
log in.

It looks to me like there are several simple things wrong here.

I see a line in /etc/rc.d/rc.local:

aumix-minimal

To be honest, I can't remember whether I added that line or if it came
with iniscripts.  Anyway shouldn't that be "aumix -L /etc/aumixrc"

And shouldn't the line in S01halt be:

aumix-minimal -S /etc/aumixrc instead of aumix-minimal -S /etc/.aumixrc

(/etc/aumixrc is the default config file for aumix.)

For that matter, shouldn't "aumix-minimal -L" run in Xsession to set the
user's saved volume level?  (But only if $DISPLAY is local)

-Steve