2.6.4 vanilla kernel and ATI drivers for 9700 Pro don't work

RaXeT maxer1 at xmission.com
Sun Mar 21 20:53:01 UTC 2004

I declare this 21st day of March in the year of our Lord 2004 that the
ATI Linux drivers absolutely without excuse can't work with Fedora Core
2 Test 1 for any reason and for anyone to claim that either 4.3.0-3.2.8
or 3.7.6 can and will work with vanilla kernel 2.6.4 or any 2.6.x
kernel, are pure hogwash!

I have been a follower of ATI linux drivers since it's inception and can
at the drop of a hat get the drivers to work with most 2.4 kernels, but
I have never done any better than 2D in any 2.6.x under Fedora Core 2
Test 1. I followed all the instructions from
http://www.rage3d.com/content/articles/atilinuxhowto/Linux_ATI.html to
absolutely no avail.

I tried the 3.7.6 and the 3.2.8 and they both fail and will only give 2D.

I have seen posts by a few that say under Fedora Core 2 Test 1 they have
it working and again I say HOGWASH.

If you are one that have bantied that it works, post your install
instructions for all to see.

RaXeT