rebooting issue and fstab issue

Wayne Steenburg w.steenburg at myactv.net
Mon Mar 22 02:31:52 UTC 2004

Hello everyone, I've had two minor problems and was wondering if anyone
would have some insight into the possible causes.  First is that ever
since installing FC2test1 my computer will not reboot from Gnome. It
will shut down cleanly, but if I want to reboot I have to select that
option and then hit the reset button. The last message I get is
"Rebooting the system." then nothing. I've tried disabling acpi and apm
but that doesn't clear it up. I'm using a Soyo KT600 Ultra mb. The
second problem I have appeared after my first kernel update. This entry
appears in my fstab:

none			/var/lib/rpc_pipes	rpc_pipefs defaults 0 0

This fails to mount because the mount point does not exist. I realize I
could just create the mount point in the file system and the error
*should* go away. But I am curious as to what this entry is for. It
doesn't seem to adversely affect anything. I realize these are rather
trivial issues, but any insights would be most welcome.  Thanks.

Wayne Steenburg