selinux

Jim Cornette redhat-jc at insight.rr.com
Tue Mar 23 02:08:41 UTC 2004

Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After the upgrade at the weekend, we had a power outage this morning.
> The machine booted up fine, but unless I (or any other user of the
> machine) use KDE or XFec (I think it's called), then we cannot login to
> gnome.
>
> I constantly get
>
> /etc/X11/gdm/PreSession/Default: Registering your session with wtmp and
> utmp
> /etc/X11/gdm/PreSession/Default: running: /user/bin/X11/sessreg -a -w
> /var/log/wtmp -u /var/run/utmp -x "/var/gdm/:0.Xservers" -h "" -l ":0"
> "paul"
> /etc/X11/xdm/Xsession: line 25: [: missing `]'
>
> (this is with selinux=0 set in the grub boot line). If I remove the
> selinux=0 line from the grub boot line, besides the pile of stuff due to
> not having renamed the drives, I still get a similar error
>
> Any ideas what is going on here?
>
> How do I rename the drives? There is nothing in the /selinux directory.
>
> TTFN
>
> Paul

There are messages which are mini how-to directions in the archive of
the selinux list. I take it you want to relabel the files.

The packages to install, runlevel to be in and steps to run make and
make relabel should be in the earlier messages.

About the GNOME problem, no idea except maybe dumping tmp of fscking the
drives.

Jim