keyboard issue

Douglas McMorris dougmc83 at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Mar 23 07:10:57 UTC 2004

hello all,

After upgrading a while back I've had a key board issue.  I thought it
was just the gnome packages i updated, but i've sense updated them again
and the problem persist.  If I run a gnome session, i cannot use my
keyboard... well, mostly.

multimedia keys work (vol up, vol down, etc) and the query dialog for
pam accepts my password fine, but those are the only things that work.
everything is fine is xfce4 though, so i'm using it now.  is there
something i should purge from my gnome settings?

I've tried running/killing individual apps to see if something was
steeling and maintaining keyboard focus, but couldn't find anything (i
can run metacity and gnome-panel in xfce without any problems, and xfwm4
in gnome doesn't fix it).

any ideas on how to track this down are welcome.

thanks all.