fc2 yum dependency issue

Michael Stenner mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
Fri Mar 26 22:57:36 UTC 2004

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 07:39:46PM -0300, André S. wrote:
> I'm having a lot of problems trying to update with up2date and yum, yum
> usually fails to get headers from some servers. Is apt-get better?
> Many differences?

Well, if you can't get data from the servers, there's not much that
ANY program can do.  Yum and apt use different metadata schemes, so
it's _possible_ that you'd have more luck with apt.  However, it
sounds like your fundamental problem is getting reliable server
access.  Try and find some free-er mirrors.  Of course, the network
problems could be on your end, too.

					-Michael
  Michael D. Stenner                            mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
  ECE Department, the University of Arizona                 520-626-1619
  1230 E. Speedway Blvd., Tucson, AZ 85721-0104                 ECE 524G