Can't get BitTorrent to work !!!

reg at dwf.com reg at dwf.com
Mon Mar 29 19:33:50 UTC 2004

Ive used BitTorrent to download Fedora before, but today I
just cant get the damn thing to work.

Ive gone so far as to download a NEW version of the python
for FC1 and installed the RPM.

I tried to add
    application/x-bittorrent	/usr/bin/btdownloadcurses.py

to the Mozilla Edit->Preferences->Helper Applications list, and then
click on the line in the mailing-list message, but nothing, I get the
Download Manager popup, but then nothing else.

OK, tried doing it by hand, I type
    btdownloadcurses.py --url http://torrent.dulug.duke.edu/FC2-test2-binary-i3
86.torrent

and I get the message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/btdownloadcurses.py", line 7, in ?
    from BitTorrent.download import download
ImportError: No module named BitTorrent.download

So what the ???? is going on????

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com