Boot Error with SELinux

James Morris jmorris at redhat.com
Tue Mar 30 06:59:20 UTC 2004

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004, Ed Fletcher wrote:

> This is from the boot sequence. Everything is normal through the Bogomips
> check.  Then I get:
> Security Scaffold v1.0.0 initialized
> SELinux: Initializing
> SELinux: Starting in permissive mode
> There is already a security framework initialized, register_security failed
> Failure registering capabilities with the kernel
> selinux_register_security: Registering secondary module security
> Unquote

The above is actually correct.  SELinux loaded as the primary module, then
the capability module failed to load as the primary module because SELinux
was there.  SElinux then loaded capability as a secondary security module.

> INIT: version 2.85 booting
> audit(1080597019.563:0): avc: denied {getattr} for pid=1 exe=/sbin/init
> path=/dev/initctl dev=hdg9
> Unquote

Was this the first audit message?

> Sorry if the above boot messages aren't verbatim.  I had to copy them by hand.

The scontext and tcontext components would be most useful, if you get a
chance to copy them again.

- James
--
James Morris